Monday, September 16, 2013

It's NOT Magic III

The more I think about the "It's NOT Magic" discussion, the more I realize I am a product of my "circumstances". Each of which have a unique effect on my images. Here are some examples:

1. Trying to validate my career choice by making more money than I did at my previous job.
2. Realizing that a model's willingness to collaborate could trump her absolute look.
3. Obsessing over perfecting skin.
4. Getting yelled at by agents at modeling agencies.
5. Tiring of the standard model images which led me to...
6. Shooting faster which caused....
7. Having to look through too many pictures which caused...
8. Getting backed up on edits and trying to cut down on edits.
9. Getting told no by magazines that I'm still trying to get to this day

Of course you'll say "But there is nothing terribly unique about these circumstances". To which I say, "You're right there isn't. But it took these circumstances to make my images look this way"

So the question becomes, have you worked through enough "circumstances"?

Before you answer this question I would like to remind you that you are NOT under oath. There is no perjury. No one will even know if you're telling the truth. We're not talking about juicing and you're not Alex Rodriguez. But trust me when I say that if you lie, you will only hurt yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment