Saturday, June 11, 2011

Tomorrow's Beauty Workshop

This will be the second time that I'm teaching beauty. The more I think about traditional beauty, the more I realize that it's not just a genre of photography (that's a subset of fashion) but it's a whole mindset of photography. I believe the biggest topic for tomorrow's workshop is:

How do you
create beauty?

Of course there's the obvious. Find a great model, have a spanking concept, of course an incredible makeup artist like Kathleen Ty and then great lighting and voila!

But then there's all the little things that underly beauty... like how do you make a model
feel beautiful? How do you interact with a model to give her confidence while getting the looks that you need? Those are things that I will hopefully reveal during the workshop tomorrow. It'll be the first time that workshop photographers get to see me in action working with a model that I have never worked with before. Those first steps and interactions are filled with subtleties... all of which matter.

Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow! It's going to be a blast! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment