Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Photoshop CS5 Cache Tile Size



I'm always trying to maximize my measly little 8GB i7 MBP. I read blogs like macperformanceguide.com and do research on Photoshop etc.

When it came to cache tile size, I figured that my 31MP files were considered large. I took the advice of Lloyd and at least one other website to max out the cache tile size.

That was a mistake.

For whatever reason this made everything in Photoshop come to a screeching halt. Reminded me of what CS5 felt like when I first got it; abysmally slow. While CS5 is no speed demon, waiting on the spinning rainbow wheel was getting old real fast. Reverting it back to 128KB restored the otherwise "snappy" performance of CS5.

Now, I'm no PS CS5 performance guru. All I can tell you is based on my experimentation, larger tile sizes did not work for me. The above screenshot is what I have going on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment