Friday, December 31, 2010

Tip of the Day: Zooming Out to See Forest from Trees



This is how I see a lot of my work. 67% (often closer!) and forgetting that I'm working with a whole face and not just a few pores. How do you remind yourself to see the forest from the trees?

Zoom out.

Hell, zoom out, zoom in. Whatever you do, change your perspective. Close the window. Pop it back up. Close your eyes and open them. Look out the corner of your eye.

Change your perspective and I promise you that you'll see things that you would have otherwise missed. I very often hit CMD-PLUS and CMD-MINUS just to see if something else is going on that is escaping my "visibility".

2 comments:

  1. its also true that trying zoom % without decimal points displays differently (and better) in photoshop than the ones with them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I'll have to test that theory out though I typically arbitrarily press CMD-PLUS and MINUS quite arbitrarily ;) Thanks Javier

    ReplyDelete