Thursday, August 26, 2010

Keeping me honest

Because I tend to lie... :)

I knew I kept my flickr photostream for a reason! I posted this picture yesterday. Within 24 hours, I received notice that there was something wrong with it:


If you look closely, the left (our left) strap is darker than any of the other blacks. This is a result of my masking out my levels layer to reduce the blown out whites in the jacket and the chest. In my haste, I screwed up and overlapped into the shadows. Oops.

Here's what I'm talking about:


Here it is fixed (how it should look):



I get upset when I screw up. Initially I get upset at the people pointing out my flaws. Then I get upset at myself for making the mistake to begin with (I'm guessing that's a natural reaction). I'm happy that there are people keeping me honest out there! Keep up the good work! That's not the only mistake or slacking you'll find in my recent pictures! LOL! :) This I know for sure! But I'm not telling you where I have been cutting corners. I wanna see how obvious it is.

Here she is fixed:

No comments:

Post a Comment