Sunday, May 30, 2010

Virgin America: Pay for dial-up

I had the opportunity to ride Virgin America this weekend to Washington DC. I should tell you right now, this post has nothing to do with photography other than the fact that I'm about to post some iPhone pictures.

I heard good things about Virgin and how their planes make you feel like you're in a club. Here's how it looked on the flight out to DC.


Then I realized that all the cool amenities that they advertised, all cost money. No surprise though, since airlines are dying left and right. Here's what a few of the online screens looked like:

Main screen


On-Demand movies


Internet rates (for iPhone)


Painfully slow Internet speeds (via MacBook Pro)


In fact, the Internet is so slow that I can't actually upload the images right now for you to see. Which makes the service unusable as far as I'm concerned. I want my money back Virgin America! For the record I know that that's 650 Kb/s. But due to the miserable upload speeds, their service is completely broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment