Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Kelby Training - Light It; Shoot It; Retouch It

Learned 2 things in Photoshop from Scott Kelby:

Bringing out detail in the hair:
Duplicate layer>blend screen>mask>paint back highlights/brighter/details

Getting rid of bags under the eyes:
Clone on lighten blend at lower percentage opacity for darker spots for bags and other things that are too dark... only affects pixels that are dark. Pick an area of skin that has even tonality

I can hear that Scott's using a mouse. Why, oh why are you using a mouse instead of a tablet Scott? :) Very cool with the things that he can do in Lr though! He was really focused on the gritty Dave Hill look though. And he shot a male model which I don't usually (actually ever) do.

As I mentioned, there are a lot of neat things that Scott does with Lr that my workflow is devoid of. I kind of wished he'd show me more things in Photoshop!

1 comment:

  1. These Kelby tutorials are great.

    I still looking for problematic skin replacement texture tutorial, like Lucima post production.

    ReplyDelete