Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kenna: Happy Sailor



From butcher to sailor, I suppose she pulls off all these looks pretty naturally.

We shot this in the traditional pinup style which means... I don't know. I have yet to find a universal standard for what it means to be "pinup". What I've noticed is that typically it's shot with a lot of light and lots of highlights (specular) in the face/body with some shadows on the ground.

Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. :)

Single B&W gradient map this time but not for desaturation. Instead for luminosity blended at 29% opacity.

A layer of vibrance was added for more color.

A layer of levels as always.

Otherwise this image is almost straight out-of-the-box.

Are my edits getting more diluted? Or is my style requiring less editing? Am I getting faster? Am I experimenting less? Am I plateauing?

I don't know. But these images are taking less time to run through.

I did brighten her teeth and the whites of her eyes just a tad. I don't usually do that although I've done it before.

Really I can't tell you that there's any special retouch in this picture... because maybe there simply isn't. Or maybe what makes it special is simply that I'm stepping outside my comfort zone and doing things I usually don't in terms of shooting pinup? Oh, there is something different! I used a little more skin blurring in this image than usual. But it's a matter of 52% versus 80% so marginally different.

Camera: D3/24-70mm f/2.8G @56mm, 1/200th, f/11, ISO200

Strobist: See setup

Model: Kenna Cade

Makeup: Kelli Zehnder

Wardrobe: Michelle Green/Kenna Cade

No comments:

Post a Comment