Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ashley: Getting hotter



Actually it wasn't getting hotter, if anything it was 1:30PM and the sun was setting already (sun sets around 5PM here) so it was getting colder.

But she's wearing less, so theoretically it was getting hotter.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have chosen this image because the frame chops off her right arm. I should have composed it for a little higher, but you have to understand that it the wooden fence doesn't extend much higher than her head so I would have gotten some of the top of the wooden fence and maybe some of my neighbor's backyard.

I also applied a "thicker" gradient map this time at about 18% on soft light blending.

The other thing I did differently was that I did NOT do a levels adjustment because the data falls throughout the entire spectrum of the histogram 0-255 and was still information outside of this range (mostly in the shadows). I could have lowered the highlight portion of the levels to 250 but some of her hair was already blown (very little).

Edit: There was something else I did differently. The gradient map that I applied was not "Solid" but instead "Noise" which gives the map a different characteristic that I can't really describe.

Camera: D3/24-70mm f/2.8G @44mm, 1/400th, f/7.1, ISO200

Strobist: Sun from high right

Model/Makeup/Wardrobe: Ashley Twomey

No comments:

Post a Comment